The employment defense attorneys at Stone LLP provide experienced and well-reviewed counsel to hotels, resorts, and theaters across California when they need to defend employment and labor law related claims. This firm has practice roots in real estate and business law, and extends that knowledge to the intricacies of employment law. You want dedicated defense attorneys that understand your business. Welcome to Stone LLP.
We are a litigation firm that represents companies only, and does not represent employees. The business defense lawyers at Stone LLP evaluate liability and examine the facts to advise the company of any potential exposure, and interface with the other side to resolve the dispute with the former employee.
Your Legal Solution in Los Angeles and Orange County for Hotel Employers, Resort Employers, and Theatre Employers
When your hotel, resort, or theatre is in a dispute with a former or current employee, join the many other companies who trust Stone LLP to provide solutions to your needs. We are an employment defense firm representing companies and employers only.
We assist hospitality companies with settling employment disputes, including: chain-hotels, single-owner hotels, independent hotels, timeshare and vacation rental companies, beach resorts, boutique hotel properties, theatres, event venues and their operating companies.
Our firm believes in offering real world examples and experience to help you best understand the options available throughout the dispute process. We strive for an amicable outcome with the former employee so your operation can return to normal and avoid enduring any unnecessary damage to culture or your brands reputation.
While most employment claims are filed with the court, there are also many Administrative Agencies, who can also be related to the dispute and have proceedings of their own.
Stone LLP represents hospitality companies in appearing for conferences and proceedings before:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)
- Enforcing the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA)
- The Labor and Workforce Development Agency (LWDA)
- Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE)
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
Defend your Business from Employment Lawsuits Against Hotels, Resorts, and Theatres
Employment disputes of any nature can have lasting impacts on your business if not addressed timely and effectively. The attorneys at Stone LLP have years of experience handling labor and employment matters. We’ve developed a practice to help California employers protect and defend against employment lawsuits.
Without proper handling through resolution, an employment lawsuit could cause your business to incur unneeded financial hardships in the form or damages, penalties, fines, and other related expenses and costs. The first step to resolution is seeking legal advice from an employment defense attorney at Stone LLP.
Our attorneys handle claims from employees alleging:
- Wrongful Termination
- Breach of Employment Contract
- Breach of Implied Covenant of Good Faith & Fair Dealing
- Intentional Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage
- Unjust Enrichment/Quantum Merit
- Conversion of wages
- Failure to Prevent Discrimination, Harassment or Retaliation (Govt. C. §12940(k))
- Sexual Harassment
- Quid Pro Quo Sexual Harassment (2CCR §11019(b)(2))
- Hostile Work Environment Harassment (2CCR §11019)
- Failure to Accommodate Disability (Govt. C. §12490(m))
- Religious Creed Discrimination – Failure to Accommodate (Govt. C. §12490(l))
- Sex-based Wage Discrimination
- California Family Rights Act (Govt. C. §12945.2)
- California Pregnancy Disability Leave Law (Govt. C. §12945(a))
- California Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act (Lab. C. §§245.5-246.5)
- California Paid Family Leave (Unempl. Ins. C. §§2708, 3300-3303)
- Defamation (Civ. C. §§43, 45, 46(3))
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Unfair Business Practices (Bus & Prof C. §§17200)
- Sexual Battery (Civ. C. §1708.5)
- Civil Extortion
- False Imprisonment
- Invasion of Privacy (Cal. Const., Article 1, §1 & C/L)
- Recording Confidential Info. (Penal C. §§632, 637.2)
- Improper Disclosure of SSN (Civ. C. §1798.85)
- Improper Use of Credit Report (Civ. C. §1785.1)
- Stalking (Civ. C. §1708.7)
- Whistleblower Protection Act (Govt. C. §§9149.20-23, 8547.1-12, Govt. C. §§8545.1-5; Health & Safety C. §1278.5; Health & Safety C. §5329.8; also protected under C/L)
Resolution of Employment Disputes for Hotels, Resorts, and Theatres
We represent employers in Los Angeles and Orange County before state and federal agencies for hearings and conferences. As lawyers, we routinely counsel clients on other methods to resolve the dispute outside of court, including arbitration and mediation.
Stone LLP is dedicated to helping California hospitality employers who are faced with defending employment lawsuits against their hotels, resorts, and theatres. We shield your bottom line along with protecting your reputation, and together we chart the path towards resolution.
Speak with a Hospitality Employment Attorney today by calling our office at (818) 854-3600.