The Stone LLP employment lawyers in Los Angeles and Orange County California provide comprehensive legal representation for construction companies for all claims related to employment law. When you’re served with an employment lawsuit, you need a firm that knows you, your business, and speaks your language. Welcome to Stone LLP.
Types of Construction Clients We Represent in Los Angeles
Stone LLP represents construction companies focusing on any trade: carpentry and millwork, cement and resurfacing, electrical, mechanical, flooring installation, HVAC, insulation, masonry, painting, plumbing, sheet metal, ironworking, roofing, and welding.
The track record of this firm demonstrates our exceptional service provided to construction companies, big and small. Our local connections and effective solutions have clients feeling informed during this process and confident given they have an attorney from Stone LLP in their corner.
Defense for your Construction Company
From start to finish, the lawyers and staff at Stone LLP keep you informed regarding each turn of the matter, whether that is in court, through arbitration, or mediation.
Our attorneys handle claims including:
- Wrongful Termination
- Breach of Employment Contract
- Breach of Implied Covenant of Good Faith & Fair Dealing
- Intentional Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage
- Unjust Enrichment/Quantum Merit
- Conversion of wages
- Failure to Prevent Discrimination, Harassment or Retaliation (Govt. C. §12940(k))
- Sexual Harassment
- Quid Pro Quo Sexual Harassment (2CCR §11019(b)(2))
- Hostile Work Environment Harassment (2CCR §11019)
- Failure to Accommodate Disability (Govt. C. §12490(m))
- Religious Creed Discrimination – Failure to Accommodate (Govt. C. §12490(l))
- Sex-based Wage Discrimination
- California Family Rights Act (Govt. C. §12945.2)
- California Pregnancy Disability Leave Law (Govt. C. §12945(a))
- California Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act (Lab. C. §§245.5-246.5)
- California Paid Family Leave (Unempl. Ins. C. §§2708, 3300-3303)
- Defamation (Civ. C. §§43, 45, 46(3))
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Unfair Business Practices (Bus & Prof C. §§17200)
- Sexual Battery (Civ. C. §1708.5)
- Civil Extortion
- False Imprisonment
- Invasion of Privacy (Cal. Const., Article 1, §1 & C/L)
- Recording Confidential Info. (Penal C. §§632, 637.2)
- Improper Disclosure of SSN (Civ. C. §1798.85)
- Improper Use of Credit Report (Civ. C. §1785.1)
- Stalking (Civ. C. §1708.7)
- Whistleblower Protection Act (Govt. C. §§9149.20-23, 8547.1-12, Govt. C. §§8545.1-5; Health & Safety C. §1278.5; Health & Safety C. §5329.8; also protected under C/L)
Resolution of Your Issues
We work each day to aggressively defend construction companies in State and Federal courts against a wide range of employment claims. Our lawyers have successfully defended many employment lawsuits against construction employers, and have also been successful in opposing motions for class certification and in maintaining the corporate veil to shield ownership from individual liability.
At Stone LLP, we keep your focus where it needs to be, on your business. We handle your legal matters so you don’t have to.
Schedule a Consultation with an Employment Defense Lawyer for your Construction Company today – Call us at (818) 854-3600.