At Stone LLP, our attorneys are deeply aware of the standards and practices in the private security sector in California. The cornerstone of our practice is connecting with the executives or principals of the business to understand your specific operation at a greater level. This allows us to work with you to efficiently defend or resolve your matter.
Companies across Southern California return to Stone LLP to handle their labor and employment law matters because of our proven track records in delivering superior results.
Types of Security Clients We Represent in Los Angeles and Orange County
Stone LLP represents security companies spanning the State of California. The companies we represent are those offering: private security, private alarm response, private patrol services, security guard services, security patrol officers, armed and unarmed security officers and guards whom provide service to public and private clients.
If your private security company has been served with an employment lawsuit from a current or former employee, you need to Stone LLP to discuss your options with an California attorneys who practices employment defense law for security companies.
Employment Lawsuit Defense for Security Companies
Even though our firm has skilled trial attorneys, we usually strive for an early and amicable resolution of the issues through negotiations with the other side. If the dispute requires mediation, arbitration, or litigation in court, we are fully prepared to serve you all the way through resolution.
At Stone LLP, we defend large and small security companies, and keep their executives and principals informed at every step during the process.
Our attorneys handle claims including:
- Wrongful Termination
- Breach of Employment Contract
- Breach of Implied Covenant of Good Faith & Fair Dealing
- Intentional Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage
- Unjust Enrichment/Quantum Merit
- Conversion of wages
- Failure to Prevent Discrimination, Harassment or Retaliation (Govt. C. §12940(k))
- Sexual Harassment
- Quid Pro Quo Sexual Harassment (2CCR §11019(b)(2))
- Hostile Work Environment Harassment (2CCR §11019)
- Failure to Accommodate Disability (Govt. C. §12490(m))
- Religious Creed Discrimination – Failure to Accommodate (Govt. C. §12490(l))
- Sex-based Wage Discrimination
- California Family Rights Act (Govt. C. §12945.2)
- California Pregnancy Disability Leave Law (Govt. C. §12945(a))
- California Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act (Lab. C. §§245.5-246.5)
- California Paid Family Leave (Unempl. Ins. C. §§2708, 3300-3303)
- Defamation (Civ. C. §§43, 45, 46(3))
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Unfair Business Practices (Bus & Prof C. §§17200)
- Sexual Battery (Civ. C. §1708.5)
- Civil Extortion
- False Imprisonment
- Invasion of Privacy (Cal. Const., Article 1, §1 & C/L)
- Recording Confidential Info. (Penal C. §§632, 637.2)
- Improper Disclosure of SSN (Civ. C. §1798.85)
- Improper Use of Credit Report (Civ. C. §1785.1)
- Stalking (Civ. C. §1708.7)
- Whistleblower Protection Act (Govt. C. §§9149.20-23, 8547.1-12, Govt. C. §§8545.1-5; Health & Safety C. §1278.5; Health & Safety C. §5329.8; also protected under C/L)
Resolution of Your Issues
When a security company is the party needing protection, they hire the attorneys at Stone LLP to combine litigation experience with legal strategy to smoothly resolve and assertively defend employment claims.
Our lawyers have successfully resolved many labor and employment matters against our security employer clients through mediation, arbitration, and litigation, making appearances in State and Federal courts, as well as before various administrative agencies. Stone LLP offers big firm talent with small-firm service – you get the strength that comes with experience, along with the agility of an innovative firm.
Speak with an Employment Defense Lawyer for your Security Company today, at 818-854-3600.