At Stone LLP, our experienced employer defense attorneys protect your financial company from lawsuits filed by current and former employee when they allege violation of their state or federal rights.
Our goal is to resolve these claims rapidly and amicably, and with as little interruption as possible to your business. The unique approach of the Stone LLP team is in diligently uncovering all details of the former employees time with your financial institution. This allows us to better understand how they and your organization operated together, lending insights as to how we can best assert the companies’ defenses in court.
Companies across California return to Stone LLP to handle their labor and employment law matters because of our proven track records in delivering superior results.
We Represent Financial Companies Defending Employee Lawsuits in Los Angeles and Orange County
Stone LLP represents financial companies with a presence or operations based in California. The types of companies we represent are those such as commercial banks, regional banks, community banks, credit unions, insurance companies, securities brokerages, investment firms, venture capital firms, and real estate investment trusts.
If your financial industry company has been served with an employment lawsuit from a current or former employee, you want to call a seasoned employment defense attorney at Stone LLP to discuss your options and know your rights. Time is not on your side, and the longer you wait, it’s likely less options will be available to you.
Employment Lawsuit Defense for Financial Industry Companies
The team at Stone LLP knows the financial industry is littered with laws and regulations designed to protect consumers. Alike, we are here to protect your organization from employees that become disgruntled, either from termination or leaving at their own free will.
At Stone LLP, we defend financial companies, along with CEO’s, EVP’s, Directors, and other executives in their official capacities. Stone LLP offers full-service employment defense, with the added personal attention of a service-based firm.
We first strive for a speedy and amicable resolution of the dispute through negotiations with the other side. If the dispute requires more attention, our firm has skilled litigation attorneys ready to protect your institution during mediation, arbitration, or litigation in court.
Our attorneys handle employment claims for companies including:
- Wrongful Termination
- Breach of Employment Contract
- Breach of Implied Covenant of Good Faith & Fair Dealing
- Intentional Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage
- Unjust Enrichment/Quantum Merit
- Conversion of wages
- Failure to Prevent Discrimination, Harassment or Retaliation (Govt. C. §12940(k))
- Sexual Harassment
- Quid Pro Quo Sexual Harassment (2CCR §11019(b)(2))
- Hostile Work Environment Harassment (2CCR §11019)
- Failure to Accommodate Disability (Govt. C. §12490(m))
- Religious Creed Discrimination – Failure to Accommodate (Govt. C. §12490(l))
- Sex-based Wage Discrimination
- California Family Rights Act (Govt. C. §12945.2)
- California Pregnancy Disability Leave Law (Govt. C. §12945(a))
- California Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act (Lab. C. §§245.5-246.5)
- California Paid Family Leave (Unempl. Ins. C. §§2708, 3300-3303)
- Defamation (Civ. C. §§43, 45, 46(3))
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Unfair Business Practices (Bus & Prof C. §§17200)
- Sexual Battery (Civ. C. §1708.5)
- Civil Extortion
- False Imprisonment
- Invasion of Privacy (Cal. Const., Article 1, §1 & C/L)
- Recording Confidential Info. (Penal C. §§632, 637.2)
- Improper Disclosure of SSN (Civ. C. §1798.85)
- Improper Use of Credit Report (Civ. C. §1785.1)
- Stalking (Civ. C. §1708.7)
- Whistleblower Protection Act (Govt. C. §§9149.20-23, 8547.1-12, Govt. C. §§8545.1-5; Health & Safety C. §1278.5; Health & Safety C. §5329.8; also protected under C/L)
Resolution of Employment Disputes Filed Against your Financial Industry Company in Orange County or Los Angeles
When you hire Stone LLP to defend an employment lawsuit, we strive to resolve the dispute quickly and amicably. If initial talks with the opposing attorney prove to not be effective, we use our courtroom-tested and pragmatic strategies to defend your institution and protect your reputation.
Our employer defense lawyers have successfully resolved many labor and employment claims against our financial industry clients through negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation, making appearances in State and Federal courts, as well as before various administrative agencies. Stone LLP offers agility in the resolution and case strategy, innovation in how we conduct investigations and discovery, all while offering superior client service in a means that works for you, personally.
Speak with an Employer Defense Lawyer today, at (818) 854-3600.