The employment defense attorneys at Stone LLP provide capable and competent representation to healthcare companies for all claims related to labor and employment laws and regulations. When your facility is faced with defending an employment lawsuit, you need legal representation that understands your business and understands your industry. Welcome to Stone LLP.
The employment defense lawyers at Stone LLP evaluate all facts and evidence available to determine liability and examine the overall relationship between the healthcare employer and the employee. Our practice is based in experience though many years and cases which defines our approach based on real-world experience to drive strategy and tactics in resolving the claims against your company.
Types of Clients We Represent in Los Angeles and Orange County
Stone LLP is an employment defense firm representing employers only. We help healthcare companies of many forms, including: for-profit hospitals, nonprofit hospitals, acute care facilities and clinics, rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, and nursing facilities, other long-term care facilities, and physician organizations.
When you hire Stone LLP, we provide you with knowledge and real world examples to help you understand the options available and the process of each. We deploy our deep experience along with tested-and-proven strategies to secure the best outcome between you as the healthcare employer the former employee.
While most employment claims are initially received as a “Demand” from an opposing attorney representing the employee, or as a lawsuit already filed with the court, there are also many Administrative Agencies, which may also be involved. Stone LLP represents healthcare employers in defending claims before:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)
- Enforcing the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA)
- The Labor and Workforce Development Agency (LWDA)
- Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE)
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
Defend your Healthcare Company in Los Angeles from Employment Lawsuit
The attorneys at Stone LLP have years of experience handling labor and employment matters. We’ve developed a practice that leads to a cost-effective, efficient, and comprehensive defense to employment related claims. Simple or complex issues make no difference, at Stone LLP the attorneys set action plans to meet the needs of our clients.
When a previous employee sues for any cause (termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, or others) it's critical to seek the advice of counsel to learn all possible remedies for the situation.
Our attorneys handle claims including:
- Wrongful Termination
- Breach of Employment Contract
- Breach of Implied Covenant of Good Faith & Fair Dealing
- Intentional Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage
- Unjust Enrichment/Quantum Merit
- Conversion of wages
- Failure to Prevent Discrimination, Harassment or Retaliation (Govt. C. §12940(k))
- Sexual Harassment
- Quid Pro Quo Sexual Harassment (2CCR §11019(b)(2))
- Hostile Work Environment Harassment (2CCR §11019)
- Failure to Accommodate Disability (Govt. C. §12490(m))
- Religious Creed Discrimination – Failure to Accommodate (Govt. C. §12490(l))
- Sex-based Wage Discrimination
- California Family Rights Act (Govt. C. §12945.2)
- California Pregnancy Disability Leave Law (Govt. C. §12945(a))
- California Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act (Lab. C. §§245.5-246.5)
- California Paid Family Leave (Unempl. Ins. C. §§2708, 3300-3303)
- Defamation (Civ. C. §§43, 45, 46(3))
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Unfair Business Practices (Bus & Prof C. §§17200)
- Sexual Battery (Civ. C. §1708.5)
- Civil Extortion
- False Imprisonment
- Invasion of Privacy (Cal. Const., Article 1, §1 & C/L)
- Recording Confidential Info. (Penal C. §§632, 637.2)
- Improper Disclosure of SSN (Civ. C. §1798.85)
- Improper Use of Credit Report (Civ. C. §1785.1)
- Stalking (Civ. C. §1708.7)
- Whistleblower Protection Act (Govt. C. §§9149.20-23, 8547.1-12, Govt. C. §§8545.1-5; Health & Safety C. §1278.5; Health & Safety C. §5329.8; also protected under C/L)
Resolution of Your Employment and Labor Lawsuit
At Stone LLP, we represent employers in hearings and conferences before state and federal agencies to protect you from financial liability while defending lawsuits and allegations against your management and company.
If you are a Los Angeles or Orange County healthcare employer and have been contacted by an opposing attorney, a federal agency, or State of California Labor or Employment agency you need to contact Stone LLP to discuss your options.
We exclusively work with California employers to defend matters and our lawyers have successfully opposed motions for class certification if there is an attempt to file a class action against your facility.
Schedule a Consultation with a Healthcare Employment Defense Lawyer today – Call us at 818-854-3600.