The experienced lawyers and skilled staff at Stone LLP represent manufacturing companies, their ownership, and individuals in a management capacity when they’ve been hit with a lawsuit from a former or current employee.
When you hire Stone LLP, we review all options available in resolving the dispute with you, and discuss the likely outcomes, the timeline of each path, and ultimately what a successful resolution would look like for your business. The employment defense lawyers at our firm are experienced in facilitating internal investigations, evaluating facts and evidence, and determining the merit of those claims filed against your company.
We provide the resources of a full-service employer defense law firm for manufacturing companies big-and-small across Los Angeles and Orange County, California, offering counsel during mediation, arbitration, civil litigation, and before Federal and State administrative agencies.
We Represent Manufacturing Companies Against Employment Lawsuits in Los Angeles and Orange County
Stone LLP is an business defense firm representing employers only. We help manufacturing companies who are engaged in the mechanical, physical, or chemical transformation of materials, substances, or components into new products. These companies have plants, factories, mills, and farms thorough California and sometimes the globe with international companies.
When disputes arise between a company and a current or former employee, the outlook can be daunting. Our attorneys are prepared to protect your manufacturing business when the allegations are for violation of state or federal laws, in any method of resolution be that negotiation, mediation, arbitration, or civil litigation.
In addition to a lawsuit from the employee, there can also be an array of Administrative Agencies, which may also be involved. Stone LLP represents manufacturing companies in defending claims before:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH)
- Enforcing the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA)
- The Labor and Workforce Development Agency (LWDA)
- Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE)
- U.S. Department of Labor (DOL)
Defending Your Manufacturing Company from Employment Lawsuits
The attorneys at Stone LLP have years of experience helping manufacturing companies with labor and employment disputes. Our approach leads to a cost-effective, efficient, and comprehensive defense to employment related claims. Whether the dispute is simple or complex make no difference, at Stone LLP the attorneys work to resolve disputes based on the individual companies goals.
When your manufacturing facility is faced with an employment lawsuit, you need legal counsel who understands your industry and can be objective in helping you determine the best way for you to resolve the dispute. This is why companies across California turn to Stone LLP.
Our attorneys protect manufacturing companies when they’re being sued for claims including:
- Wrongful Termination
- Breach of Employment Contract
- Breach of Implied Covenant of Good Faith & Fair Dealing
- Intentional Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage
- Unjust Enrichment/Quantum Merit
- Conversion of wages
- Failure to Prevent Discrimination, Harassment or Retaliation (Govt. C. §12940(k))
- Sexual Harassment
- Quid Pro Quo Sexual Harassment (2CCR §11019(b)(2))
- Hostile Work Environment Harassment (2CCR §11019)
- Failure to Accommodate Disability (Govt. C. §12490(m))
- Religious Creed Discrimination – Failure to Accommodate (Govt. C. §12490(l))
- Sex-based Wage Discrimination
- California Family Rights Act (Govt. C. §12945.2)
- California Pregnancy Disability Leave Law (Govt. C. §12945(a))
- California Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act (Lab. C. §§245.5-246.5)
- California Paid Family Leave (Unempl. Ins. C. §§2708, 3300-3303)
- Defamation (Civ. C. §§43, 45, 46(3))
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Unfair Business Practices (Bus & Prof C. §§17200)
- Sexual Battery (Civ. C. §1708.5)
- Civil Extortion
- False Imprisonment
- Invasion of Privacy (Cal. Const., Article 1, §1 & C/L)
- Recording Confidential Info. (Penal C. §§632, 637.2)
- Improper Disclosure of SSN (Civ. C. §1798.85)
- Improper Use of Credit Report (Civ. C. §1785.1)
- Stalking (Civ. C. §1708.7)
- Whistleblower Protection Act (Govt. C. §§9149.20-23, 8547.1-12, Govt. C. §§8545.1-5; Health & Safety C. §1278.5; Health & Safety C. §5329.8; also protected under C/L)
Resolution of Employment and Labor Lawsuit For Manufacturing Company in California
At Stone LLP, our attorneys represent manufacturing employers in California at hearings and conferences before state and federal agencies to protect your business from all types of employment lawsuits. We work with the manufacturing company to sort through the allegations against your management and your company as the employer.
If you’re a manufacturing company in Los Angeles or Orange County and have been contacted by a former employees attorney, a State of California Labor or Employment agency, or a federal agency, you want to contact the employment defense attorneys at Stone LLP to discuss your options.
We exclusively work with California employers to defend allegations of any size and our lawyers have successfully opposed motions for class certification if there is an attempt to file a class action against your facility. For some manufacturing companies, the necessary characteristics exist in the company for a class certification. A skilled attorney can assist in avoiding such class certification for your manufacturing company.
Schedule a No Obligation and Confidential Consultation with a Manufacturing Employment Defense Lawyer today, call our office at (818) 854-3600.